Let me indulge you in these heavenly delights…
I like to keep my recipes simple. And yet this recipe screams gourmet in every bite!
- 1 tablespoon raw organic apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups of plain organic milk (cows, almond, or rice)
- 2 3/4 cups organic whole-wheat flour or wholemeal spelt flour
- 2 teaspoons gluten free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda (bicarbonate of soda)
- 1/2 teaspoon pink himalayan salt
- 1 cup organic coconut or rapadura sugar (or a little less if you like!)
- 1/2 cup macadamia oil
- 1/2 teaspoon organic natural vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon natural rosewater
- (Icing of your choice if you wish)
- Preheat the oven to 180 C/350 F. Prepare your muffin tray/cupcake holders. Put to one side.
- Put the vinegar into a small bowl and add the milk. Stir this well and then put to one side. The mixture will start to curdle.
- Stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. (If you would like chocolate cupcakes, add about 1/2 cup cacao powder.)
- Stir the oil, vanilla extract and rosewater into the bowl containing the milk and vinegar. Mix well.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and beat together (by hand or with an electric hand-held mixer).
- Fill the muffin pan.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes. If you can smell the cupcakes, check to make sure they aren’t browning. If you aren’t certain of whether they’re cooked enough, turn off the oven earlier and let them sit for a few more minutes rather than bake them into rocks.
- Wait for the pan to cool down and then place cupcakes onto a wire rack.
- Ice the cupcakes if you wish.
Note: I don’t ice these particular cupcakes, as the flavour on its own is so beautiful, it seems too much (and too sweet) to ice them.
The end result – so delightfully simple.
Like the sound (and taste) of this recipe? Share it with your friends using the links below!