- 1 large organic sweet potato, peeled and chopped in 1 inch pieces
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2-3 pinches sea salt (or preferably organic Himalayan pink sea salt)
- 1 1/2 cups organic cooked chickpeas (about half of the amount dry, then soak and rinse!)
- 1/2 of a medium red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh organic parsley
Prepare your chickpeas a few hours, or the night, before. Soak them for up to 8 hours, then drain, rinse, and simmer on the stove under nicely cooked. This process will ensure the chickpeas will digest effectively, without creating gas and bloating. An important step!
Preheat the oven to 200°C/425°F (a little less for a fan forced oven).
In a large bowl, combine the sweet potato, garlic, white and cayenne pepper, turmeric, chopped onion, coconut oil (melted if necessary), and salt. Toss the sweet potato pieces until evenly coated.
Roast them for 20-25 minutes, or until soft. Remove from the oven and cool. Then mix through your chickpeas!
…Meanwhile, make the tahini dressing:
- 1/4 cup organic tahini
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons organic tamari sauce
- 1 tablespoons organic apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons raw organic honey (or maple syrup)
- 1/6 cup purified water
Place all ingredients, in a small bowl and stir until smooth – or use a food processor blending the ingredients well.
In a medium bowl, mix the roasted sweet potatoes, chickpeas, parsley, and the dressing. Combine ingredients well.
Or, serve up the sweet potato mix and serve the dressing on the side!
This salad is ideal on a summer evening, or for a cosy winters lunch.
Love this recipe as much as I do? Share it with your health-conscious friends!